Located in Henderson across the Kentucky–Indiana state line, Saratoga Casino & Hospitality Group already possessed 30 percent of the Thoroughbred racetrack. In a special meeting of the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission on July 17, SCHG showed its intent to buy the residual interest in the place from bulk owner Ron Geary.
In the official press release, President of Saratoga Casino & Hospitality Group, Daniel Gerrity said…
“& We ’re very excited to own this type of historical land,”
“We look forward to learning even more about the Henderson and Evansville communities, and we’re keen to work towards our aim of delivering an experience that goes above and outside guest expectations.
No modifications expected:
In July, a group of executives was delivered to the racetrack from Saratoga Casino & Hospitality Group to ascertain what, if any, regions could be improved, and to conceive a strategy to heighten the total guest experience. At that moment, it was allegedly confirmed by the team that they don’t even have plans to alter the playground ’s present management team.
The 71-year-old Geary recommended that the present staff management, led by general manager Jeff Hall, stay intact and that he’s happy that Saratoga Casino & Hospitality Group suggested that there wouldn’t be any changes.
“This is going to be one of our very best operating years in our history, especially if we ever get a break with the weather, and I just believe it’ll get better and better,” stated Geary.
Boost in performance :
The Historical Horse Racing (HHR) operation at Ellis Park was up 10% for its financial year that recently concluded, over the previous calendar year, according to the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission. The commission allegedly stated that for the previous three months, the HHR merchandise is up 40% from the same three months last year.
In 2012, Geary sold Saratoga Casino and Hospitality Group that a 30% stake in Ellis Park for about $ 4 million. The deal enabled the company to put money into Ancient Racing Machines, which helped to supplement the monitor ’s Thoroughbred racing offering. The most recent deal moved Geary’s remaining 70% stake to the group.
Headquartered in Saratoga Springs, New York, Saratoga Casino & Hospitality Group is a subsidiary of Saratoga Harness Racing Inc. The latter manages the daily operations of Saratoga Casino Hotel and Saratoga Casino Blackhawk in Black Hawk, Colorado.
Geary on choosing Saratoga:
“Back in 2011, I was attempting to determine what it took to get Ellis to the black and make it rewarding. I decided I needed to put money into Instant Racing, called Ancient Horse Racing now. I took a year and seen 44 different racetracks, casinos, racinos and met a lot of people and talked to them that I would like to bring in a 20 into 30-percent spouse to help me establish Instant Racing. Seven groups or people were curious. One of the final groups I met with was Saratoga, and there was sort of a bond immediately. We always got along great. We constantly dealt with each other with openness and candor. They are a very dependable set of people, ones you can trust. I went with them. They set up $4 million to find the first Instant Racing open in the clubhouse, and we’ve been working together ever since. They are good men and women,” explained Geary, as stated by the Paulick Report.